The School of Continuing & Distance Education of the
College of Education, University of Ghana, in collaboration with:
- University of Cape Coast
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
- Central University
- University of Education
- Ghana Technology University College, and
- Methodist University College
- Laweh Open University
invite the academic community, researchers, educational experts, educational managers and administrators, development institutions, educational funders, industry leaders, doctoral and postgraduate students to the International Conference on Open, Distance and eLearning (ICODeL) scheduled for October 22 to 24, 2018 at the University of Ghana, Legon.
We invite papers that combine theoretical and empirical findings under the following sub-themes:
Abstracts should not exceed 250 words. Please include not more than four (4) keywords related to your paper.
Papers are expected to have a uniform structure/format – Times New Roman (font 12),
1.5 line spacing, maximum of 15 pages including references, appendices, figures etc.
The contents are expected to rhyme with a background that includes a theoretical context and objectives,
methodology covering the way the study was designed and carried out, findings and discussions,
implications, conclusions and recommendations.
- Improving Access and participation through ODeL
- Quality Assurance and ODeL
- Distance Learning and New Learning Technologies (Massive Open Online Courses, Learning Management Systems)
- Open Educational Resources and ODeL
- Learner Support Services in the ODeL
- Open Schooling and Open Universities
- ICT Infrastructure, Security and ODeL
- Teaching and Learning Methodologies in ODeL
- Job Creation and Re-Creation
- University-Industry Collaboration
- Faculty and ODeL
Submissions should be of high standard, unpublished, and suitable for academic or professional publications.
All submitted papers would be subjected to blind review to uphold the high standards of the conference.
All accepted papers would be published in the conference proceedings – ICODeL 2018 Proceedings.
Papers demonstrating high rigour, theoretical and practical implications will be considered for
publication after peer review in the Journal of Open, Distance and eLearning (JODL),
a Journal of the School of Continuing and Distance Education.